DIY: Flavored Ice Cubes
To start the weekend in a light mood, we decided to offer you a cool Summer tutorial.
Some of you are already enjoying your vacations, some are already planning it , while others are still in the office.
The hot days are amazing but sometimes is good to break up the hot afternoons with an energizing and healthier drink. What about….water?
No, I am not going to talk about the benefits of water, but about how, by adding a few ingredients and a bit of imagination, you can get some really delicious ice cubes that will allow you to surprise everybody when you show with a glass of it.
The tutorial comes from Crunchy Betty where she explains how lemon can benefit our skin and quench our thirst.But here we will focus on the process for making ice cubes with lemon, mint and cucumber:
Refreshing Lemon and Cucumber Ice Cubes:
– Juice 2 or more cucumbers (depending on how many ice cubes you want). If you don’t have a juicer, you can use a blender or food processor to do the juicing, and then just strain out the pulp through a fine-mesh sieve or a cheesecloth.
– Add the juice from 1 lemon and stir well.
– Pour into ice cube tray(s). If you don’t have enough juice to fill the entire ice cube trays, just fill them half full and then top them off with water.
– Drop in a few pieces of torn, bruised fresh mint.
– Freeze, and then add to plain water for a healthy refreshment!
Here you will find the complete tutorial.
To make your refreshing drink, with beneficial health properties, you only have to dip your ice cubes in a tall glass of water. Et voila … your refreshing drink is ready. Want something more fancy? Try using sparkling water. I did it yesterday and the result was a very soft and healthy lemon soda.